About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Beyoncé Unmasked:
"I’m a human being. I cry. I’m actually extremely sensitive. My feelings get hurt; I get scared, I get nervous just like everyone else. I wanted to show that on this album. I wanted people to get a better feel for who I really am. It goes beyond just the music – even with my videos and my photo shoots, everything is a lot more natural and broken down. I guess the more comfortable you get, the more you are able to reveal yourself.”
On Making Her Most Personal Record:
“I’m in a very good place right now. I’m very happy and I’m growing up and I’m really comfortable with myself. That’s what this album is all about. This portion of my life is all in this album. I’m very private and I don’t talk about a lot of things but there are certain songs on the album that are very personal. It’s my diary. It’s my story.”
On Beyoncé, The Role Model:
“I’m a strong woman and I know a lot of young women listen to my album when they need encouragement and when they’re going through tough times or when they need to forget about what their tough times are. I always put that into consideration when I pick the songs for my album. I definitely vent in my music and I kind of live out every other women’s vents – if that makes sense!”
On Single Ladies:
“I still have to have my fun songs. I know I’m in a place where everything is a lot deeper but I still need those songs that you don’t have to think too much about - where there’s a great melody and it just feels good! I love this song because it feels like old soul; it has this spirit that almost feels like you’re in church. Maybe it’s the claps or the energy or the melody… Basically it’s saying, “Yeah, I want you to put a ring on it but don’t try to buy me with all these material things. I really want your love.” It’s about commitment.”
• She's a Virgo. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born on September 4, 1981.
• She’s a Texan. Beyoncé was born and raised in Houston, Texas. Her parents are fashion designer Tina Knowles and Mathew Knowles, a record executive.
• She began singing at a very early age. At seven, she won her first talent show and by age eight, she had already entered into her very first all-girls group: Girls Tyme.
• She’s no single lady. Beyoncé married longtime boyfriend, Jay-Z on April 4, 2008.
• She’s a very successful businesswoman. Besides singing and acting, Beyoncé is also a fashion designer, celebrity spokeswoman and philanthropist.
• She’s one of the entertainment industry’s biggest success stories. To date, Beyoncé has sold 15 million albums and singles worldwide.