What’s the Big Time Rush? Soundcheck hits up the Brooklyn Bowl for an entertaining set with the newest boy band in town: Big Time Rush (or BTR as they’re known to their beloved fans). The Los Angeles guys won over our audience with tunes from their debut album, 'BTR' - and we've got the songs, interview, and all the backstage snippets. Check out our performance with Big Time Rush - and go pick up a copy of their debut record online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
Kendall: “I think we were all blown away by how popular [the band] got. The fact that the fans respond so well is really awesome. I think we’re all just really happy to be here performing for everyone!”
On Their New Record:
Carlos: “It’s such a melting pot of different sounds, which is very unique to our group.”
James: “It was tough for us to pick. We recorded a lot of songs, probably 30 or 40 songs that we all are really proud of and really liked. We had to narrow it down to 11! We’ll probably put a couple of them on our next album…”
Kendall: “I think we’re all really happy to be singing for a career. It’s really fun!”
Kendall: “I think we all have girls in mind when we’re singing stuff. In order to get the right vibe, you have to be thinking about someone or a situation that happened to you. It really brings it out in your voice.”
On Persistence & Zookeeping:
Carlos: “Persistence. There are going to be so many bad times, but you have to keep going with it.”
Logan: “Dream big. As corny as it sounds, it’s true. Start off with a dream because the possibilities are unlimitless. We're proof of it.”
Carlos: “Anything can happen. I could end up as a zookeeper next year.”
Kendall: “I sure hope not. I don’t want to go to the zoo and see Carlos standing there in a safari cap!”
On The Fans:
Kendall: “We wouldn’t be here without you. We’ll keep doing it as long as you keep watching!”
Carlos: “We are so blessed to have you guys as fans!”
Did You Know?
• Big Time Rush is: Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena, and Logan Henderson.
• They're breaking out big time. The guys have already sold nearly 900,000 combined digital single sales to date. Plus, you may have caught them on the Teen Choice Awards, Kids Choice Awards, and MTV's '10 On Top.'
• They’re working with the music industry’s biggest producers. For their debut album, Big Time Rush teamed up with Kevin Rudolf (Leona Lewis, Lil Wayne), Claude Kelly (Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears), and OFM (Jay Sean).
• ‘BTR’ consists of original songs from their hit Nickelodeon series, ‘Big Time Rush,’ including ‘City Is Ours.’
• ‘BTR’ is in stores now! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.