About The Artist
The Set List
"This album, called 'Demi', it's just a representation of who I am and where I am today and the music that I wanted to create for a long time and I finally got the courage to do so."
Pop sensation Demi Lovato celebrates the release of her fourth studio album, 'Demi,' featuring the platinum-selling hit single, 'Heart Attack.' Go behind the scenes with the singer as she plays some of her hottest singles and opens up about making her most personal album yet. Check out the exclusive concert and be sure to pick up a copy of 'Demi' online and in Walmart stores nationwide on May 14th!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On The Album:
"It kind of goes back to my roots from my first few albums and it's different because I'm also speaking about some pretty heavy issues and opening up a lot."
On Choosing A Single:
"Heart attack was the right first single because it showed how catchy some of my songs are going to be on the album, but it also showed my edgier side and I just wanted to step forward with a bang rather than coming out with a slower song first."
"Working with The Suspects was awesome. We have another really great song together called Two Pieces and those were the first two songs I worked on and I mean I was just thrilled, I was really thrilled with how they turned out and I’m still so excited, they're some of my favorite songs on the album"
"My writing process is going into the studio and either having something to say and telling who I'm writing with like, 'Hey, this is what I want to write about, I have to get this off my chest.' That's how we kind of start the song, and also just trying to personalize it as much as possible"
• Hear her roar! Born on August 20th in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Demetria Devonne Lovato is a Leo.
• She became a star in 2007 playing the starring role of "Mitchie Torres" in the Disney Channel movie mega hit "Camp Rock," and later playing the title role of the Disney TV series "Sonny With a Chance".
• She's an old pro: Demi started her show business career at the age of 10 when she became a series regular on the children's television show, "Barney & Friends".
• The fans love her: In 2012, she won a People's Choice Award for Favorite Pop Artist.
• She's a chart topper: In 2008 her debut album, "Don’t Forget" debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart, "Here We Go Again" debuted at No. 1 in 2009, and "Unbroken" at No. 4 in 2011.
• She isn't slowing down anytime soon: her fourth studio album, 'Demi,' is available in stores May 14th! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
The singer shows off her range in this optimistic ballad with lyrics like "You can take everything I have/ You can break everything I am/ Like I'm made of glass/ Like I'm made of paper/ Go on and try to tear me down/ I will be rising from the ground/ Like a sky scraper."
A hard-hitting, emotion-fueled track, "It's just talking about a girl that used to be a heart breaker and now she's starting to fall in love and she's totally terrified," Demi reveals of the platinum-selling first single off her new album.
Give Your Heart a Break
Demi’s first No. 1 single, the song spent 25 weeks climbing to the top of the Mainstream Top 40 chart, marking the longest ascent to No. 1 by a female artist. With catchy lyrics and an irresistible dance-pop beat, it's not hard to see why this track is certified platinum.
My Love Is Like a Star
A touching ballad about overcoming distance in a relationship, Demi reaffirms her feelings with lyrics like “My love's like a star, yeah/ You can't always see me/ But you know that I'm always there.”