About The Artist
The Set List
I’m lucky. Whatever it is that I do out there -- there’s a lot of folks who wanna see it and hear it.
Country legend Hank Williams Jr. joins Walmart Soundcheck for a classic set celebrating old and new. The singer’s latest album is called ‘Old School, New Rules,’ and the 12-song disc includes some cool collaborations with Brad Paisley and Merle Haggard. Check out our exclusive set with Hank - and go pick up a copy of ‘Old School, New Rules’ online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On The Fans:
“I’m lucky. Whatever it is that I do out there – there’s a lot of folks who wanna see it and hear it.”
On The Changing Face Of Country:
"I guess I’m looking at it from a totally different angle than most people. My world hasn’t changed a bit. It ain’t changed at all for me!"
On Justin Timberlake:
"Justin Timberlake comes and gets on the bus two weeks ago. We talked about making some music. The world starts to get smaller and smaller and smaller. It’s always going to be somebody that you don’t think it is – [who] wants to get together.”
• He’s country music royalty. Singer/songwriter Hank Williams Jr. is the son of country music legend Hank Williams.
• He was the first country performer to ever win an Emmy. For two decades Williams’ tune ‘All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight’ was the opening tune for ‘Monday Night Football.’ The song gave Williams the distinction of being the first country performer to ever win an Emmy.
• He’s sold more than 55 milion records. Williams has more than 70 albums under his belt, and he's won countless awards including five-time Entertainer of the Year awards (ACM & CMA).
• His new album is called ‘Old School, New Rules.’ The 12-song disc includes a duet with Brad Paisley and a new duet with the legendary Merle Haggard.
• ‘Old School, New Rules’ is in stores now! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
The legendary country singer/songwriter opens his Walmart Soundcheck set with the first single from his new album, 'Old School, New Rules.' Explains Hank: "I wrote ‘That Ain’t Good’ about a couple of years ago. People want to tell you what to say and do. That don’t work with me real well. That ain’t good!”
I'm Gonna Get Drunk And Play Hank Williams
Hank Williams Jr. and Brad Paisley wowed country music audiences at the recent 2012 CMT Awards. At today's 12th & Porter session in Nashville, TN, Hank goes it solo with a tongue-in-cheek tribute to his father, the legendary Hank Williams.
This new tune from ‘Old School, New Rules’ takes a name-dropping turn down a country memory lane. Sings Hank: “I remember Johnny Cash waiting in the wings / Because he’d hand me his cigarette when he’d go out and sing.”
Released in 1980, ‘Old Habits’ finds the love-struck singer reminiscing about a hard habit to break. It’s also one of Williams biggest hits. Sings Hank: “I have grown so used to you / And all of your ways / Old habits like you are hard to break.”
Whiskey Bent And Hell Bound
Pouring his trademark vocals over the 1979 hit 'Whiskey Bent And Hell Bound,' Hank Williams Jr. shows us the power of old-school country. Sings the country legend: “Play me some songs about a ramblin’ man / ‘Cuz you know I love to hear those guitar sounds.”