About The Artist
The Set List
I’m the same person that you saw. The person that people voted for is the person that you get on this album.
‘The Voice’ winner Javier Colon opens up to Walmart Soundcheck about his highly-anticipated new album, ‘Come Through For You.’ Inspired by the road to fame and the people who believed in him along the way, ‘Come Through For You’ captures the voice that won over America. Check out our set with Javier Colon (and find out why he selected Adam Levine as his musical mentor) – and go pick up a copy of ‘Come Through For You’ online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Becoming The Voice:
“It was an amazing experience. There was a lot of nerves, a lot of excitement from that first audition that I did in New York to that final show.”
On Working With Adam Levine:
“He brought me to the end. He was a great coach, a great mentor. I like to make songs my own and I like to sing them in a certain way. He was really supportive of the way that I was singing everything; he just wanted to hear a little bit more of the original melody.”
On Surviving The Business:
“Getting beat up by the business over the years, you start to expect the worst but hope for the best. The only thing you can control is yourself. Go out there and try to do the best performance you can do and just perform each song like it’s your last.”
On His Wife:
“She’s been there for me through thick and thin. Even though sometimes she would say I’m a dreamer, she believed in me more than anybody.”
• He’s the winner of ‘The Voice.’ Javier Colon captured America’s hearts - and took home the coveted top spot of the inaugural season of NBC’s hit television show, ‘The Voice.’
• He’s no stranger to the music business. Before his “overnight success,” Javier was a struggling musician with two major label records under his belt.
• He grew up in a Connecticut household surrounded by music. Explains Javier: “My father was a radio DJ for a Spanish radio station. Music was always on in the house. That’s where it started, where I would start mimicking the songs that I would hear on the radio.”
• His new album is called ‘Come Through For You.’ Explains Javier: “It’s based on a song that I wrote five years ago for my wife. I’m hoping that this album is what I meant when I said that I would come through. I’m hoping that this is it.”
• ‘Come Through For You’ is in stores now! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
Javier begins his Walmart Soundcheck set with a stunning ballad from his new album, ‘Come Through For You.’ ‘Runnin’’ showcases the singer’s effortless vocals and charisma; it’s a stripped-down tale about the journey to (and from) love. Sings Javier: “Love is not always roses / Hearts get broken.”
One of the standout tracks from ‘Come Through For You’ is a soulful ballad about an unconventional relationship. Sings Javier: “If love’s to be the death of me / Then I won’t cry / ‘Cuz my soul’s at rest with my head on your chest / It’s the closest to heaven that I’ll ever get.”
As Long As We Got Love
Explains Javier: “We were kind of under the gun and we were looking to find that first single. It was literally the last session that we had planned to get together and write with people. We had Natasha Bedingfield come on it and she sang amazingly. She also wrote the second verse, which fit perfectly. I love the song. It’s just such a positive message.”
Raise Your Hand
Viewers of ‘The Voice’ fell in love with Javier’s soaring melodies and powerful vocals. ‘Raise Your Hand’ finds the singer offering a similar emotional connection. Sings Javier: “If you’ve ever felt like you’re falling apart / Raise your hand / If you’ve ever felt that life’s breaking your heart / Raise your hand.”
Drop In The Ocean
Explains Javier: “There are two songs [on the record] that are going to be exclusive Walmart Soundcheck songs. ‘Drop In The Ocean’ is a great song by a guy named Ron Pope. It’s an infectious song to me; it has a lot of these New England references that I really can relate to. I’m from Connecticut; I grew up in New England.”
Stitch By Stitch
Explains Javier: “It’s just an amazing song talking about a broken man who is always looking for someone in particular to help him find his way. It’s really, in a way, my story. It’s my story about me and my wife, who has put up with me in this sometimes ridiculous business. She’s been there through thick and thin.”