About The Artist
The Set List
“I wanted to work in environments I’ve never been in. I wanted to be in that place of just complete unfamiliarity with everything and see what happens.”
Country megastar Keith Urban celebrates the release of his eighth studio album, “Fuse,” with Walmart Soundcheck. With a career spanning three decades, the new confirms Urban’s versatility as an artist, showing that he knows what it takes to mix things up with a wide variety of inspiration and sounds. Check out the exclusive interview here and be sure to pick up a copy of “Fuse” online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On the title of his new album, Fuse:
"Over the years I’ve written a lot with drum machines and 6-string banjos – machinery, if you will – and organic instruments. And I’ve always been interest in how they come together and work together and, if you will, fuse together. And so one of the meanings of the title [Fuse] is to do with certain sounds and styles coming together to create this body of work."
On making the record:
“I was ready for the journey and I knew there would be a lot of stumbles and a lot of misfires and things that didn’t work, but once I was ready to fail and had no fear of failure then that liberated me completely to make this record.”
On the album’s first single, “Little Bit of Everything”:
"I heard “Little Bit of Everything” …and I just loved it. I loved the breezy, free-spirited nature of the song and I’d never cut anything like that before. I loved the groove, and this record is very much about rhythms and grooves and this song had a killer groove and it just felt good."
On working with Miranda Lambert:
“Miranda [Lambert] opened some shows for us many years ago and I always love singing with her… so I guess in the back of my mind I’ve always had this idea that maybe we could find a song that we could do as a duet. And I came upon this song called “We Were Us,” and it’s written as a duet and she came and sang the song and she just nailed it.”
On playing live:
“One of the things I love about playing live is when you see and feel that rhythm kick in with the audience, and they’re all moving in motion with that, it’s just an extraordinary thing to see and to feel and be a part of.”
• He’s a Kiwi… kind of: Keith Lionel Urban was born in New Zealand, but at the age of 2 moved with his family to Australia where he was raised.
• His 1991 self-titled debut album was released only in Australia until 2005 when it was finally released worldwide.
• He married fellow Aussie Nicole Kidman in 2006. The couple has two daughters: Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret.
• Chart topper: The singer has 15 No. 1 hit singles under his belt.
• His eighth studio album ‘Fuse’ is out now – pick up a copy of the record online or in Walmart stores nationwide.
1. Somewhere In My Car
2. Even The Stars Fall 4 U
3. Cop Car
5. Good Thing
6. We Were Us - Featuring Miranda Lambert
7. Love's Poster Child
8. She's My 11
9. Come Back To Me
10. Red Camaro
11. Little Bit Of Everything
12. Raise 'Em Up - Featuring Eric Church
13. Heart Like Mine