About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Women In Music:
"Being a woman in this world… you definitely have to demand respect. That's the number one thing. I come in, I do my job, and I leave. That's what I would say to a young woman wanting to take on this industry. Take it head on, but be strong about it... and have some respect for yourself."
On Studio Vs. Stage:
"I love the studio; I love to perform. I get into character on the song. I can see visuals of how I think the record could or should be performed as I'm singing. That's what it's more about to me. This visual touches people."
On Keeping It Real:
"I want my fans to know that I'm real. I have no intention of painting myself perfect or talking about things that I don't really go through. I want [the fans] to understand that it's okay to embrace your insecurities and embrace your vulnerabilities. That's what makes you human."
• She's a Georgia girl. Keri was born and raised in Atlanta. She began writing songs at the tender age of 12.
• She's written for some of the biggest names in the music business. Keri has penned hits for Mary J. Blige, The Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears, Ciara, Usher, and Diddy.
• She writes a lot. Keri wrote and recorded over 200 songs for her debut, 'In A Perfect World...'
• She's a savvy businesswoman. Keri belongs to a successful team of writers and producers known as The Clutch.
• Her debut album, 'In A Perfect World...' is one of this year's most promising debuts. Go pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
Hidden behind designer shades, Keri Hilson takes to the stage to perform her can't-get-you-out-of-my-system anthem, 'Alienated.' With its spoken intro and state of the art production, 'Alienated' is a plaintive plea for reconciliation. Sings Keri: "Momma told me that it would happen one day..."
Knock You Down
"I never thought I'd be in love like this!" Keri proclaims her newfound bliss in 'Knock You Down,' the singer's biggest hit to date. 'Knock You Down' features Timbaland's signature production stamp, and lyrics about a surprising tryst: "And I was the class clown that always kept you laughin'... We were never meant to be..."
Turnin Me On
The third single from 'In A Perfect World...' takes a shot at loose-lipped big talkers who spread rumors and lies. Ignore the rumors about 'Turning Me On' being directed toward a certain fellow female singer; the song is a self-proclamation of strength. Demands Keri: "Recognize a real woman!"
The groove slows down with this simmering track from 'In A Perfect World...' 'Slow Dance,' one of Keri's personal favorites, showcases the singer's sultry side. Sings Keri: "The whole world's staring at the both of us... And I'm giving you all my love."
"How do we reverse the chemistry? I don’t want us to be the end of me..." So asks Keri during her final song, the slow-burning first single, 'Energy.' Keri writes songs that everybody can relate to; anyone who's ever surrendered to a difficult relationship can understand this last call. Sings Keri: "I can feel you changing me... And I can't afford to slip much further."