About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Wal-Mart Soundcheck
• She’s an Aries. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta was born in Yonkers, New York on March 28, 1986.
• She’s a musical prodigy. Gaga began playing piano at age four and began writing her first songs as a teenager growing up on New York City’s Upper West Side.
• She attended New York University’s prestigious Tisch School of the Arts where she studied music. She later dropped out to pursue a career in songwriting and headed straight to Hollywood.
• Her name, ‘Gaga’ comes from a reference to a Queen song. Recognizing the similarities between Germanotta and the flamboyant front man, co-writer Rob Fusilari dubbed Stefani: ‘Lady Gaga.’
• Her new album: ‘The Fame’ is a tour de force of pop, rock, and soul. Pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
Stepping onto the stage in a shimmering, space-age cat suit, Lady Gaga does not disappoint. While her playful fashions may toy with cutting-edge couture, Gaga is dead serious when it comes to the music. Taking a seat at her glass-encased ‘bubble’ piano, the 23 year-old singer/songwriter performs an outstanding acoustic version of ‘Poker Face.’ It’s a set highlight – and she’s only just beginning.
Bring on the disco sticks! Lady Gaga emerges with her three dancers - one of them making a memorable entrance on the Gaga Vespa - to perform the smash hit that brought her worldwide fame. Very few singers have the vocal chops to pull off pristine vocals and perfect dance steps; Lady Gaga manages to perform both to perfection.
Poker Face (Original Version)
With dancers in tow, Lady Gaga continues the dance fever and breaks out the original version of her current mega-hit, ‘Poker Face.’ Set against a video backdrop of iconic 'Lady' images, Gaga performs a killer version with cryptic, casino-inspired lyrics: “Play the cards with Spades to start. And after he’s been hooked, I’ll play the one that’s on his heart…”
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Donning her signature shades, Gaga closes her phenomenal set with an album highlight: ‘Beautiful, Dirty, Rich.’ Strutting the stage in her towering stilettos, Gaga sings a funked-up tune about living the high life – without the money: “We do the dance right. We got it made like ice cream topped with honey. But we got no money!”
Accompanied by her trio of dancers and a background of electropop beats, Gaga breaks out another delicious dance number from her debut disc, ‘The Fame.’ Clad in her trademark disco cat suit, Gaga rocks some futuristic moves. Sings the funky lady: “Let's have some fun... this beat is sick!”