About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Their Grammy Nod:
Redfoo: “When we got that first Grammy [nomination], it really changed a lot of people’s perspective. Nominated for a Grammy for their first album? Who are these cats?!”
On The Second Time Around:
Redfoo: “The first album was an experiment. Messing around in the kitchen cooking stuff. Now, let’s serve some hot dishes that we know will taste good. Let's really go in and make these tools for the the party people."
On Living Their Dream:
Redfoo: “Life is a party. Sometimes we have that vibe where we wanna go out but we gotta work. So let’s bring the party to the studio!”
On Skinny Jeans:
Redfoo: “When a piece of clothing can change how you feel, there’s some magic to that.”
On How To Party:
SkyBlu: “Go with your first instinct. Party people partying at its essence is [about] spontaneity.”
• LMFAO is: DJ Redfoo (AKA Stefan Kendal Gordy) and SkyBlu (AKA Skyler Husten Gordy).
• They’re music royalty. Redfoo and SkyBlu are the son and grandson of Motown record label founder Berry Gordy.
• They’re renowned DJs who also happen to rap. Both SkyBlu and Redfoo hold down monthly DJ residences in Vegas. Says SkyBlu: “I’m a real DJ. But I’m also a rapper. I grew up listening to Tupac, Mos Def, and Eminem.”
• Their debut album scored them a Grammy nod. Not only did ‘Party Rock' deliver four hit singles, it was also nominated for Best Dance / Electronic Album at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards.
• Their new album wants to get you up on the dance floor. ‘Sorry For Party Rocking’ is the duo’s second full-length album. The first single is called ‘Party Rock Anthem.’
• ‘‘Sorry For Party Rocking’ is in stores now! Pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
LMFAO may be sorry for party rocking, but the Walmart Soundcheck crowd is ready to rock. Decked out in their signature tank tops, jewelry and skinny jeans, Redfoo and SkyBlu greet the screaming San Francisco fans with one simple question: “Who came to party?!”
I’m In Miami
Rocking a costume change (surf shorts, sunglasses and Hawaiian shirts), LMFAO returns to the stage for a tongue-in-cheek tribute to the sunshine state. Though Redfoo and SkyBlu are native Californians, LMFAO is clearly inspired by the South Beach party scene. Raps SkyBlu: "I'm rocking Vans / I'm in the sand."
Sexy And I Know It
The band's latest smash hit was actually a rejected track from Flo Rida. Explains Redfoo: “We were in the studio writing for Flo Rida for his album. ['Sexy And I Know It'] was one of the ideas. When we lay down an idea we gotta make it good. He passed on it. We’re actually doing some stuff with him now, and if he don’t take it…”
Released as the first promotional single from 'Sorry For Party Rocking,' ‘One Day’ takes a look at the flip side of the party. It also traces the band’s swift rise to success and world fame. Sings Redfoo: “I’m getting everything I ask for / Flying the world, filling up my passport…”
La La La
SkyBlu takes center stage to perform a track from the band’s Grammy-nominated debut, ‘Party Rock.’ Part rap, part electro-pop, ‘La La La’ punches up SkyBlu’s lyrics with an atmospheric vocoder. It's also an anthem about a love infatuation: “Your heart’s all locked and I got the key / It feels like I just won the lottery.”
Party Rock Anthem
How do you leave a party the right way? LMFAO finishes up their Walmart Soundcheck set with their international number one smash. A fist-pumping tribute to the power of the party, ‘Party Rock Anthem’ lives up to its lyrics: "Party rock is in the house tonight / Everybody just have a good time!”