Wanna take a Ride with Martina McBride? Soundcheck drives to Nashville, Tennessee for a live preview of the country superstar’s tenth studio album, ‘Shine.’ The singer has confessed to a fresh surge of creativity of late, and she proves it with five show-stopping new songs. Check out our set with Martina and a room full of fans and go pick a copy of her new album, ‘Shine’ online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Rediscovering Inspiration:
“The inspiration is the same as it’s always been for me, which is just to find the best songs I can find and make an album that has a lot of emotion. ‘Shine’ is a word that’s very prominent in two of the songs, ‘Ride’ and a song called ‘I Just Call You Mine.’ I love the word; I think it’s powerful, I think it’s strong and positive. With this new record I feel like I found a whole new creativity, a whole new inspiration. I have it back. I felt so inspired when I was making this record.”
On Keeping It Fresh:
“I worked with Dan Huff on this record. The first time I’ve worked with him as a producer. I’ve known him forever, and he’s played guitar on all my records, but this was the first time working with him as a producer. I think that, that was part of me being so inspired. We all get in our little comfort zone working with the same people. To get out of that comfort zone a little bit and work with someone brand new and in an entirely different zone is exciting. It was exciting again to make music!”
On Self Esteem:
“It helps when you know yourself and you have a strong sense of who you are. Everybody has an opinion and everybody tries to tell you what they think you should do, what you should wear, what you should be like. You just really have to stick to your guns and follow your instincts. You know what’s right for you. At the end of the day, that’s what comes through to the fans. When you are being honest and real and not trying to be something that someone is trying to create for you.”
Did You Know?
• She’s a Leo. Martina Maria Schiff was born July 29, 1966 in Medicine Lodge, Kansas.
• She’s a mom. Martina has been married to John McBride since 1988. The couple have three daughters: Delaney, Emma and Ava Rose.
• She was exposed to country music at an early age. At the tender age of eight, Martina began performing onstage in her father’s band, The Schiffters.
• She’s a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Martina was inducted into the prestigious Opry as its 72nd regular member in 1995. Country legend Loretta Lynn introduced Martina.
• She's a producer! Martina co-produced her tenth studio album, ‘Shine.' Pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide!