About The Artist
The Set List
“We had the best time making this record, it was so much fun.”
With infectious energy and a boatload of talent, the young pop-rockers of R5 are ready to take the world by storm with their debut studio album, “Louder.” The quintet kicks back with Walmart Soundcheck, performing an acoustic preview of some of their favorite tracks off the record. Go behind the scenes as the tightknit crew finishes each other’s sentences and discusses the making of the album, connecting with fans, and what it takes to be a really good band. Watch the exclusive interview here and pick up a copy of “Louder” online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On their new album, “Louder”:
"It’s got some good variety I think… It kind of has like that beachy vibe, you know, you can jam out to it at the beach, definitely."
On their second single:
“Pass Me By” is about [there being] a girl that you kind of have your eye on but she’s with somebody else. The other guy leaves and you kind of have your chance and you’re saying to yourself, you know, I can’t let this pass me by.”
On making the music video for “Pass Me By”:
“We shot the music video in Malibu for just one day and I think we were all really happy with it, it turned out very nice looking and very romantic. It was kind of set up as the perfect summer romance, to show people kind of like what it would be like to hang out with us for a day. Originally we kind of wrote the treatment on our own and then we sent it out to multiple directors to get their feedback.”
On playing live:
“Really good bands make the crowd a part of their show. If you go to a show and like it’s a really good band you kind of feel like you’re actually there with them. Yea, we try to break down the barrier… because no one wants to go to a show and just hear the album, we have to add a little bit of beef.”
On the fans:
“They’re pretty much the coolest people on the planet.”
• R5 is a play off the names of the band’s five members: siblings Riker, Rocky, Ross, and Rydel Lynch, and their best friend Ellington Ratliff.
• You may have seen them before: Riker is a regular on “Glee” as a member of the a capella group the Warblers, while Ross stars in the Disney Channel Original series “Austin & Ally.”
• Girl power: Keyboard player Rydel is the only girl in the group
• Each member plays an instrument and writes music, with Rocky and Riker writing the majority of songs for the band.
• Their debut studio album, “Louder,” is out now! Pick up a copy online or in Walmart stores nationwide.
1. Pass Me By
2. Forget About You
3. Ain't No Way We're Goin' Home
4. I Want U Bad
5. If I Can't Be With You
6. Love Me Like That
7. One Last Dance
9. Fallin' For You
10. Cali Girls
11. Here Comes Forever