‘Unstoppable’ is the perfect word to describe country act, Rascal Flatts. Since exploding onto the music scene in 1999, the boys have amassed album sales totaling almost 20 million, taken home numerous industry awards and changed the face of contemporary country music. Their new disc, ‘Unstoppable’ continues their runaway success story and gives fans a taste of what lies ahead. Check out our Nashville set with the Columbus boys and go pick a copy of the new album online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On The Best They've Got To Give:
Jay: “We all feel like it’s the best music we’ve ever made. We took our time with it and that wasn’t typical for us. We cut as we found songs. The inspiration behind this record was definitely the music.”
Joe: “I think that we’ve all grown a lot as singers, musicians, songwriters and producers. Everybody’s gotten better. We’re at a place where this is the best piece of product we’ve made so far.”
On Fans Of The Flatts:
Gary: “The Rascal Flatts fan? (Aged) from three to 103.”
Joe: “We always say 'cradle to the grave.'"
Gary: “We do have crazy fans. We do meet-and-greets every single night. We feel like it’s important to shake the hands of the people who see the shows and buy the tickets and albums.”
On The Fourth Member:
Jay: “(Co-producer) Dan Huff is one of these people that’s just nothing short of a genius. He’s really gifted musically and also has the patience to work with a band, because that can be very trying. He’s a great coach, and he puts all the pieces in the right place. I can’t imagine doing a record without him... I think he’s like the fourth member and has become an integral part of our team.”
Gary: “He wasn’t just a producer. He’s a true player.”
Joe: “He saw what we did live, which is very important to us. He had a brilliant idea to capture that on the album.”
Did You Know?
• Rascal Flatts are: Gary LeVox (lead vocals), Jay DeMarcus (bass guitar), and Joe Don Rooney (lead guitar).
• They’re from Ohio! The musical trio hail from just outside Columbus, and they've been performing together since the late ‘90s. The band released their successful self-titled debut in 2000.
• The kids love ‘em! Rascal Flatts have a large number of young fans. While country music is generally skewed towards a more mature fan base, the Flatts are popular with the 'kids,' the much-coveted 18-25 demographic.
• They’re successful industry songwriters! The trio has written for a number of prolific artists, including Chely Wright, Chicago, and John Rich.
• They've had a heap of hits! Since their inception ten years ago, the band has celebrated nine number one hits.
• Their latest album looks sure to continue the streak. ‘Unstoppable’ hits stores on April 7, 2009. Be sure to pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide!