About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Her New Album:
"The title of the new album is called 'Keep On Loving You.' It's an eclectic group of songs.. a mixture of uptempo, sad songs, slow songs, story songs, sassy songs, emotional songs, break-up and love-type songs!"
On Finding Strange:
"We selected 'Strange' because of the energy in that song, the attitude. Consequently, it reminds me of 'Can't Even Get The Blues,' my first number one record."
On Consider Me Gone:
"We all fell in love with it. It's a strong woman's song. And she's pretty much laying down the ground rules. She's saying: 'If I’m not the one thing that you can’t stand to lose... and if you think you can do better than this, consider me gone!'"
On Country Loyalty:
"What keeps me motivated is curiosity, competition. The loyalty of country music fans is just totally amazing to me. I just love them, they're the greatest thing in the world. When [the fans] quit wanting me to do anything, why would I do it? It has to be two players there."
"My mommy and daddy inspired me with their courage and hard work. My husband Narvel Blackstock inspires me with his creativity. People in the business? Well, I look up to Dolly, Loretta, Tammy, Anne Murray. All these ladies who work so hard! Barbara Mandrell, I studied her television show so much. And then there’s the people whose mistakes I study more than they do right."
• She's a true country girl. Reba Nell McEntire was born in McAlester, Oklahoma. She began gathering cattle on her father's ranch at the tender age of six.
• She was discovered at the rodeo! Reba got her break performing the national anthem at the National Finals Rodeo in Oklahoma City in 1974.
• She's a survivor. Reba has been recording music for over 33 years. Reba recorded her first song, 'I Don’t Want To Be A One Night Stand' in 1976!
• She's a multi-talented performer! Reba has also performed in film, television, and in a critically-acclaimed Broadway stint of 'Annie, Get Your Gun!'
• Her latest album, 'Keep On Loving You' features the hit single, 'Strange,' which is also the highest solo chart debut of her career! Go pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide.