Mississippi rock quintet Saving Abel is back with their sophomore effort, ‘Miss America,’ and the infectious new single, ‘Stupid Girl.’ Soundcheck travels to Nashville, Tennessee for an exclusive live show with the Southern rockers, and a chat about their "inspiring" Hollywood experience, hanging with Nickelback, and their awesome Creedence Clearwater cover! Check out our exclusive performance and interview with Saving Abel - and go pick up a copy of ‘Miss America’ online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Collective Songwriting:
Jared: “It’s an ongoing process. We all kind of know what Saving Abel sounds like, and we’re all on the same page. It’s not really an easy process. There are definitely times when we want to strangle each other, but it makes it easier for us to write as a band.”
On Credence Clearwater:
Jared: “We’re a Southern rock band. We are from Mississippi via Memphis, Tennessee. What’s more Southern than Creedence Clearwater? We covered ‘Have You Ever Seen The Rain’ by those guys. It turned out absolutely wonderful.”
On Hanging With Nickelback:
Jared: “Getting to hang out with Nickelback, Chad Kroeger, Three Doors Down… I’ve been a fan of rock ‘n’ roll all my life. To actually go out and see these people... It’s fun for me!”
On Connecting With Fans:
Jared: “My favorite part about about the live shows is connecting with the crowd. Even if you only get one person it doesn’t matter. I feel like my job’s done. Without them we wouldn’t be here. We like to go out and interact and have a little fun after the show!”
On New Music:
Jared: “We’re excited to get out and play these new songs! We’re really anxious to see the response from the crowds and from the radio people. We’re totally confident about this album. We love it, we’re more mature on it, it’s definitely Southern. It’s rock ‘n’ roll at its best!”
Did You Know?
• Saving Abel is: Jared Weeks (vocals), Jason Null (guitar / vocals), Scott Bartlett (guitar / vocals), Eric Taylor (bass), and drummer Blake Dixon.
• They’re from Mississippi. The band formed in Corinth, Mississippi in 2004. They released their major label debut album four years later.
• They call their music the “new Southern Rock.”
• Their new album, ‘Miss America’ picks up where their self-titled debut left off. Explains Jared: “We love it, we’re more mature on it, it’s definitely Southern. It’s rock ‘n’ roll at its best!”
• Their new record, ‘Miss America’ is in stores on June 8th! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.