About The Artist
The Set List
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On Unleashing Your She Wolf:
"The She Wolf is not only me, she's every woman out there. She's the woman of our times. She's every individual who believes that we all have a more primal instinct that we sometimes repress and hide from the rest of the world. It's about defending those individual liberties that belong to all of us.. with claws and teeth - like a wild animal!"
"Wyclef's a dear friend of mine. I just have a lot of fun with him in the studio. I wanted to do it one more time.. I can't have enough of Wyclef! This time around we did something completely different to what 'Hips Don't Lie' was. It was fun to explore another route with someone like him."
On Her Career And Calling:
"I started my music career as a songwriter first. I wrote my first song when I was eight. I had a calling and I just had to follow it.. I'm very much involved in every aspect of my career. It also consumes a lot of my energy. I feel like I just delivered a baby!"
• She's an Aquarius. Shakira was born on February 2, 1977 in Baranquilla, Colombia. Her name means 'thankful' in Arabic.
• She wrote her first song at age eight. Young Shakira sang at birthday parties and won numerous talent shows. Her childhood friends called her sound "animal-like!"
• She released her first album at age 14. Shakira recorded her first album, 'Magia' in 1991. The young singer found more fame with the release of her third record, 'Pies Descalzos.'
• She is a singer, songwriter, dancer, producer, and human rights campaigner. Shakira has built schools for the poor and is involved with many organizations, including ALAS (Latin America in Solidary Action), and UNICEF.
• Her new album, 'She Wolf' is in stores now! Pick up a copy online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
Ready to dance? Shakira launches into a Latin-inspired, body-shaking rendition of her signature hit, ‘Hips Don’t Lie.’ Accompanied by band member Albert, Shakira shows off the dance moves that have made her an international icon. Croons the Colombian superstar: “Oh baby, when you talk like that? You make a woman go mad!”
Shakira cozies up on a carpet surrounded by pillows and musicians for the first tease from the new album, ‘She Wolf.’ ‘Gypsy’ is a simple, beautiful ballad that showcases Shakira’s simple yet meaningful lyrics. She sings: “I’m a gypsy. Are you coming with me? I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me..”
Kicking off her performance with a howl at the moon, Shakira performs the kitschy title track from her new disc, ‘She Wolf.’ Shakira says the song is about unleashing your inner “primal” strength and attitude. Today, we're treated to some of that attitude in an inspired reworking of a new dancefloor classic. Sings Shakira: “The moon’s my teacher – and I’m her student!”
Did It Again
The final song from Shakira’s four-piece set is a catchy new number from her latest, ‘She Wolf.’ ‘Did It Again’ is a dance track about falling in love for all the wrong reasons. Sings an unapologetic Shakira: “I’m sure that this is nothing but a phase. Right back ‘atcha.. ‘cuz I’ll survive!”