About The Artist
The Set List
This might be the most creative night of my life!
That’s Zac Brown Band guitarist Coy Bowles describing the recording process behind the Grammy Award-winning band’s new album, ‘Uncaged.’ Produced by Zac Brown and Keith Stegall (Alan Jackson, Randy Travis), 'Uncaged' finds the Georgia boys at their most inspired. Critics are already hailing the disc (out July 10) for its inspired mix of bluegrass, rock, R&B, reggae, soul, and traditional country. Check out our set with Zac Brown Band - live from the Cricket Wireless Ampitheatre in Chula Vista, CA, and go pick up a copy of ‘Uncaged’ online and in Walmart stores nationwide!
-The Crew at Walmart Soundcheck
On The Spirit Of Touring
Zac: “We put in a lot of work but we still have fun. If somebody’s miserable I don’t even want them around, no matter how good they are or what they do. We all kind of share that same spirit and it helps keep everybody up.”
On The Zac Brown Live Experience
Zac: “People are only going to see so many shows a year. We want to make sure that when they come to our show they’re gonna want to come back the next year.”
On The Making Of Their New Record
Coy: “This might be the most creative night of my life! It was hard to go to sleep because pieces of all these songs were coming together. It was pretty amazing!”
Zac: “The collaborations on this [record] are really cool and very intentional for the tunes.”
Jimmy: “They don’t even know they’re collaborating with us when we record it; we know they are. They don’t know.”
Zac: “That’s true!”
• They’re a Georgia-based seven-piece band. Zac Brown Band is: Zac Brown (lead singer), bassist John Hopkins, violinist Jimmy De Martini, guitarist/organist Coy Bowles, multi-instrumentalist Clay Cook, drummer Chris Fryar, and percussionist Daniel De Los Reyes.
• They burst onto the music scene in 2009. The band’s double-platinum major label debut ‘The Foundation’ was named one of Billboard’s Top 20 albums of 2009.
• They’re loved by critics and fans alike. The band has notched up more than 50 combined Grammy, ACM, AMA, CMA, and CMT awards. They took home a 2010 Grammy Award for ‘Best New Artist.’
• Their new album is called ‘Uncaged.’ The band's third studio album contains more of the country, reggae, soul and rock sounds that have won over millions of fans. The first single is called 'The Wind.
• ‘Uncaged’ is in stores now! Pick up a copy of the record online and in Walmart stores nationwide.
“We’re just gonna get into a rehearsal room together and see how it all hashes out,” says guitarist Coy Bowles about the inspired making of ‘Uncaged.’ This tune, the title track to the band's third studio album, celebrates that freedom. Sings Zac: "Gonna get to the Great Wide Open / Gonna set my spirit free / Gonna break these chains holding me..."
Zac: “’The Wind’ is kind of a barn-burner song. After we play that one we need to take a couple of deep breaths."
Clay: “It’s kinda like a bluegrass love tune, almost.”
Zac: “You’re gonna make it sound like a romance novel!”
Jump Right In
Fans will find some stellar collaborations on 'Uncaged,' including singer/songwriter Jason Mraz, who makes a guest songwriting appearance on the album's opening track. Penned by Mraz, Zac Brown, and Wyatt Durrette, ‘Jump Right In’ finds the trio reflecting on Southern bliss: "You can find me where the music meets the ocean / If you get the notion..."
The band closes with a fan favorite from their 2008 ‘The Foundation’ (although the tune was first recorded in 2003). Asks Zac: “Ain’t it funny how it’s the little things in life that mean the most? / Not where you live / What you drive / Or the price tag on your clothes?”
Time to break out the mandolins. A fan favorite about letting go of your troubles, 'Knee Deep' showcases the band's laid-back Southern appeal. Originally recorded with Jimmy Buffett, ‘Knee Deep’ also scored the ZB Band another Number One. Sings Zac: "Mind on a permanent vacation / The ocean is my only